IMPORTANT: Product Safety Recall- Kidde Fire Extinguishers
Summary: This product recall involves the Kidde disposable fire extinguishers furnished with your MOKAI watercraft:
- Plastic push-button fire extinguishers
- Read the Full Announcement on the CPSC Website (Opens in a new browser window)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Opens in a new browser window)
Follow These Steps:
1. View the following links:
• Push-Button Fire Extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (Opens in new browser window)
2. Use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
3. When you are ready to proceed, select your unit from the list below. Note: If you have a push button model used on a personal watercraft such as a JET SKI®, be sure to select the personal watercraft option. Kidde does not have an exact replacement, however it is prepared to offer you a replacement extinguisher that is both USCG rated and similar in size.
Kidde has indicated that replacements will be sent in approximately 15 days upon completion of submission form. As noted above they do not have an exact replacement, though we believe the new extinguisher will still fit into our red seat pouch.